Monday, March 26, 2012

BELLE

5x7 oil on canvas panel

Week before last was Spring Break, it was a most enjoyable week of painting. The folks over at Some Texas Artists Like to Paint chose "paint with your other hand" for this month's challenge. I'm right handed so I painted this little portrait study of my parent's dog, Belle with my left hand. Because it was such a difficult exercise, I had to sit on my right hand the entire time I painted. So much fun, I would encourage all of you to try it. I began with a blank canvas, quickly estimated a few reference points with my left hand, then just went for it. Mom, I promise, one of these days you will get a real portrait of Belle.

6 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What a challenge- and this is a beautiful portrait! And yes with your left hand!
love
tweedles

martinealison said...

Un merveilleux travail... Finalement c'est votre ressenti tout entier qui a mené la danse... à droite ou à gauche... c'est magnifique.
Gros bisous

CrimsonLeaves said...

That is a GORGEOUS portrait of Belle! I cannot believe you did that with your left hand. Great work, Angela!!

Ann Rogers said...

I'm impressed! Such a great doggie portrait. Looks like this might be the answer for all of us who are too tight and detailed in our technique. Very impressionistic!

Sarah Elisa said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

Michael Twin said...

Thanks for your very useful Information. I will bookmark for next reference. I really liked this part of the article. I wait for the next post :)