Friday, June 8, 2012

POP JOHN

6x9 oil on canvas

A lot has happened since I last posted a painting on my blog. My father has been in the hospital for almost 7 weeks now, recovering from 3 open heart surgeries. After visiting him for a week, I returned home to learn my husband was critically ill; he spent a week in the hospital and is now home recovering, but will be facing a 2nd surgery in several weeks. I completely missed the last 2 weeks of school, but summer is now here and as I take care of my husband, it is my time to paint!

Facebook has allowed me to connect with distant relatives, a few I knew from my childhood, but most I do not know. We have been sharing old family photos and I have enjoyed learning about these long ago family members. This is Pop John, my grandfather's brother. My mother fondly remembers him as the uncle who always had a pipe in his mouth, and always sat backwards in a straight back chair. As I explore painting from old black and white photos, I hope to share more paintings and stories from long ago.

9 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love old photos and family stories. I never tire of hearing them and it doesn't matter whose family it is. This is a wonderful painting, Angela. I am so sorry to hear about your dad and your husband. I hope both on the mend now and will be back to themselves sooner rather than later.

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Old photos are the greatest. You've brought honor to this one. Sure hope better days are fast approaching for all your family members.

Stephen Parker said...

Great job, Angela. I'm glad you're able to get back to your easel.

Teresa Dominici said...

Wonderful work, Angela. I am sorry to hear about your dad and husband.I hope they feel better real soon!

Unknown said...

2016 Honda Pilot Specs and Release Date
2016 Toyota Tacoma Diesel Specs
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Release Date
2016 Toyota Venza Review

Unknown said...

Very interesting article to read and very meaningful to me.
Please visit and share my post below:

2016 Ford Bronco Release Date
2016 Nissan Titan Specs
2016 Acura ILX Specs
2016 BMW 3 Series Facelift
2016 Audi A4 Release Date
2016 Cadillac SRX Release Date
2016 Buick Enclave Tuscan Edition

Unknown said...

It is really amazing and important knowledge to know.
Thanks a lot for visiting and sharing my post below :

mikipowerpoint

Unknown said...

best

Specifications LG Magna LTE

Alfa Johan said...

2016 Toyota Fortuner getting prepared to go into the stands, in any case, as per some industry experts, the doubtlessly just be conveyed to the Asian market. Regardless of the fact that it is a prominent class SUV is impossible that it will show up in the European business and the United States.
Toyota References New 2016 Toyota Fortuner will soon be remodeled both outside and inside. Essentially, the outside gets more change than in it.
Toyota Camry release in australia
Fortuner release date in australia Lower expense rates will bring down the cost by 10%. The debut of the new 2016 Toyota Fortuner is booked for mid-2015 and the cost will be sufficiently high from the current cost.
Toyota Tundra release
Toyota Camry in australia
Toyota Release Real changes to the outer surface is apparent in the body reshaped and enhanced headlights and taillights
Toyota Corolla Specs