Sunday, March 8, 2009

BISCUIT

8x10 oil on canvas sold
This was one of my first commissions of 2009. Biscuit is a petite little Chinese Crested with golden locks; she certainly knows she has great hair.  Although beautiful and elegant, she's all dog, one of her favorite activities is chasing squirrels. My very dear plein air painting buddies, Dave & Paula (Mele) Weatherbie, are the proud parents of Biscuit.  

In addition to an accomplished plein air painter, Paula is also a graphic designer. One of her most recent accomplishments was the design and production of a new edition of a book on the artist, Clark Hulings. You can see examples of his superb paintings here

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great name and what a wonderful portrait! Love it Angela!

Unknown said...

You've been tagged my dear...look at my last post.

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful job, Angela! The fur looks so silky. Very sweet expression too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful hair, looks like a lovely dog Angela. Stunning work by Clark aswell.

Art with Liz said...

Sheila's right about finding other amazing artists on the blog through tagging. Love your dogs (and other paintings). Actually, anybody who does dog paintings is wonderful.

Angela Elledge said...

Sheila - I so appreciate your comments and your visits. Now, about the tagging thing, Edward tagged me a while ago and I never responded. I can't imagine what to write about, but I'll try and come up with something. Thank you for thinking of me.

Edward - Thank you so much!

Sam - I had not heard of him before my friend introduced me to him. His book is excellent! Thanks for visiting.

Liz - Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to comment, I'm still very new to this blogging thing, but have met the nicest people...please come back!

TSL said...

I am just crazy about dog paintings! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ones.

Angela Elledge said...

Tina - Thank you for your encouragement. I really do enjoy painting pets; my clients are the absolute best. I love hearing their funny and endearing stories about their pets.